We want to delight our users. So we expect the best from everyone. Read more about our culture.
The River Forest Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please download our job application here.
Youth Services Associate
Deadline for Applications: April 18, 2021
Job Description: River Forest Public Library is searching for an enthusiastic Youth Services Associate to join our team. The Youth Services Associate will work in the Children’s Services Department, serving kids from birth-4th grade and their parents/caregivers.
The Youth Services Associate will assist the Manager of Children’s Services with:
• Providing reference and readers’ advisory services in the Children’s Room.
• Assisting with the development and implementation of programs for children age birth through 4th grade.
• Promoting the Children’s collection and programs by creating book lists, displays, and promotional materials.
• Regular and ongoing administrative support tasks within the Department.
• Collection management responsibilities.
The Youth Services Associate will be trained and regularly scheduled to staff the Children’s Services Desk approximately 2-3 weekday shifts each week and 2-3 weekend shifts each month. Anticipate shifts to change to include 1 night per week when the library expands its operating hours.
Part Time: an average of 15-18 hours each week
A college degree and experience working with children ages birth-4th grade and young teens is required. Knowledge and appreciation of children’s literature and the developmental needs and interests of children is important. The successful candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work independently and exercise initiative. Successful candidates will embrace our culture.
Please email a cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Salary information: $15/hour
Amy Grossman, Children’s Services Manager
735 Lathrop Avenue
River Forest, IL 60305