As a River Forest Public Library patron, you have access to museum and cultural passes with your RFPL card. RFPL participates in the Museum Adventure Pass program as well as the Explore More Illinois Program.
The Museum Adventure Pass grants free or reduced admission or other discounts to Chicago area museums and attractions, including the Brookfield Zoo, Cantigny Park, Legoland Discovery Center, and the Chicago Botanic Gardens.
- River Forest card holders, age 14 and up with cards in good standing (non-expired cards with less than $10 in fines) may check out passes.
- One Museum Adventure Pass may be checked out per family, per loan period.
- The Library has 4 passes to each of the participating museums, and the passes are available on a first come, first served basis.
- The passes are valid for 7 days from the date of checkout. While you may call the Library to check pass availability, staff members cannot reserve passes or check them out over the phone. Visit the Children’s Services Desk or Adult and Teen Services Desk in person to checkout a pass.
- Passes may not be duplicated, are non-transferrable, must be used by the person checking out the pass, and may only be used once.
- You may be asked for photo identification and your RFPL card to gain admission to the participating museum.
Explore More Illinois is a free service provided by your library that provides instant online access to free and discounted tickets to museums, zoos, arts centers, historical societies, park districts, and more. Discounts include the Chicago Children’s Museum and the Discovery Museum. You can view all the offerings and check out passes at home or anywhere – no need to come in to check out your pass.
- Log in with your RFPL card and PIN, then browse the discounted offerings.
- Click on Show First Available Offer to reserve the date of your visit. Reservations are available within the next three months. Using the calendar, you can choose what date you want to make your reservation for, then choose the Reserve option under the attraction. A confirmation box will appear, and you will receive a confirmation email. You have the option of printing out a pass at that time, or choose to print it out from your email later.
- You can have two active reservations at one time. Once one of the reservation dates has passed, you can make another reservation
- Adults 18 and over can make reservations in Explore More Illinois. Photo ID must be shown at the attraction on the day of the reservation.
- Attractions can limit how many times a patron can make a reservation. If you are out of reservations, you will not see the offer when you log into Explore More Illinois.
- You will need to bring a photo ID and either a smartphone with the pass available on the phone or a printed copy of the pass. Some attractions require a printed copy, and that will be indicated when you make the reservation.
Have a wonderful visit!