Short on time? Next time you visit the Library, you can use the SWAN mobile app on your phone to check out your books.
- Open the SWAN Libraries mobile app and select ‘Mobile Checkout’. The Mobile Checkout module will open. (You may need to swipe left to find this icon, or on some phones it will appear on the bottom of your screen.)
- If you are physically in your library, a ‘Check-out’ button will appear. This option will only be available within the library.
- Selecting “Check-out” will open your device’s camera.Scan the library barcode to check material out.
- The system will indicate if the checkout was successful or not.
- If you wish to check out multiple items, select the ‘Scan the Library barcode’ at the bottom of the screen. This will open the camera and additional items may be checked out. When you have finished scanning all your items, select ‘Finish’.
- A message will pop up showing the number of items that have been checked out during the session, and you will be returned to the main screen.
The SWAN Mobile app provides real-time, mobile access to the catalog. You can use the app to search the catalog, access downloadable and streaming resources, and place holds. Have multiple library cards in your family? You can keep track of all of them through the app.
To download the app, search for “SWAN Libraries” in the App Store or for Android in the Google Play Store. Find out more about this exciting tool on the SWAN website.