Illinois has reached A Bridge to Phase 5 stage in the COVID-19 pandemic. In response, River Forest Public Library is making additional adjustments to our service levels. We continue to monitor the public health guidelines from the Restore Illinois plan and the Center for Disease Control and will make changes accordingly
We are happy to announce that the following changes will go into effect on Monday, May 17th.
- There will no longer be time limits on Library visits. Computers will continue to have 45 minute time limits. However, based on availability, patrons may extend their sessions as needed.
- Capacity limits in all areas of the Library will increase to a maximum of 60%.
- We are returning select furniture to all areas. Furniture will be arranged to ensure social distancing requirements are met.
- Newspapers will again be available for browsing on the second floor.
- Our study spaces will be reopened and can be reserved by River Forest cardholders only, for up to 1 hour per day. Make an online reservation. Please call (708.366.5205 x316) or visit the Adult and Teen Services desk if you have any questions regarding study spaces.
Masks are still required for anyone who enters the building and distancing is encouraged. Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before browsing. As always, if you feel sick, please stay home.
We are excited to be entering this next phase and look forward to seeing you!