Due to the rapid rise in cases of COVID-19 and recent stay-at-home advisories, River Forest Public Library will temporarily close our building to the public beginning Tuesday, November 17 until further notice. To continue serving the community, we will offer Curbside and Vestibule Pick Up of library materials.
You will receive a notification by email, phone call, or text that your holds are ready for pick up. We ask that you try to pick up your holds in a timely manner, as our space is limited. Items from other libraries are currently available.
How to Pick Up Materials:
Please go to one of our designated parking spots in the Roosevelt Middle School North Parking lot and call the Library at 708-366-5205 x304. A staff member will bring your materials to your trunk. OR You may enter our front door vestibule pickup area (one patron at a time) and a staff member will retrieve your materials for you. Face masks are required.
Pick Up Service Hours:
Monday: 9 AM-12 PM & 1-7 PM
Tuesday-Saturday: 9 AM-12 PM & 1-5 PM
Print from Home:
We are happy to offer remote printing services for River Forest Public Library cardholders while we are open for curbside pickup. Patrons can send items to the printer from home through our website and we can print them for pickup.
- Submit a print job on our website, then email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Adult & Teen Services desk at 708-366-5205 ext. 316 to let us know that you submitted a document for printing.
- Print up to 10 B&W pages or 2 color pages for free. Additional pages will be $.10/page for B&W or $.50/page for color. You can pay by exact change, check, or have it billed to your library card account to pay by credit card.
- Patrons have 7 days to pick up their print order via curbside or vestibule pickup.
- Patrons are limited to 10 free B&W pages or two free color pages per week.
Things to Note:
- Our book drops remain open for the return of library materials. Please use the drive-through book drop in the Roosevelt Middle School South parking lot or the walk-up book drop in the library garden. Staff cannot accept returns.
Your returned materials will be quarantined for 7 days before they are removed from your account. As always, there are no fines for late materials.
Visit our catalog or call us to place holds on materials.
All library card expiration dates have been extended through January 31, 2021.
If you need assistance, please call the Library at 708-366-5205 or email the Library at email@example.com
We appreciate your patience. For everyone’s safety, a limited number of staff are in the building at any time. Services may take a little longer than usual. We look forward to safely reopening when we are able to do so.