Your Voter Information
The Cook County Clerk’s Office provides an online voter information tool to check your registration status, polling place, elected officials and more.
WTTW’s 2020 Voter Guide to the Primary Election is an online resource designed to inform voters about the candidates running for office in the March 17 election. Candidates were given two minutes to tell voters where they stand on the issues, why they feel they are best qualified and what they intend to do if elected or reelected. The messages were recorded at the WTTW studios at no cost to the candidates. The Voter Guide was produced with help from the League of Women Voters of Cook County.
Register to Vote
Do you need to register to vote or update your registration information? We can help! Four library staff members (Meghan, Dorothy, Maria, and Cathy) have recently been certified as Deputy Registrars and can register you to vote in the Library. It only takes a few minutes. We recommend that you call ahead to make sure that one of our Registrars is available. You will need to bring two forms of identification.
Acceptable Forms of ID
- Illinois Driver’s License
- Employee of student ID
- Illinois State ID
- Credit Card
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Valid U.S. passport
- Utility bill in the applicant’s name
- Mail postmarked to the applicant
- Public Aid ID Card
To be Eligible to Vote in Illinois:
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- You must be 17 years old on or before the date of the Primary Election and turn 18 on or before the date of the General or Consolidated Election.
- You must live in your election precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day.
- You must not be serving a sentence of confinement in any penal institution as a result of a conviction.
- You may not claim the right to vote anywhere else.
Please note: We are unable to register voters from 2/18 to 3/17 and from 10/6 to 11/3. Voter registration is closed for 27 days before each election (and there are elections slated for 10/17 and 11/3 this year).
Ways to Vote
Early voting is open to all registered voters whether or not you will be out of town on Election Day. You may early vote at Maybrook Square (located east of 1st Avenue north of the Eisenhower Expressway in Maywood) or any other Cook County early voting site.