Do you need to register to vote or update your registration information? We can help! Five library staff members (Meghan, Dorothy, Melissa, Maria, and Cathy) have recently been certified as Deputy Registrars and can register you to vote in the Library. It only takes a few minutes. We recommend that you call ahead to make sure that one of our Registrars is available. You will need to bring two forms of identification.
Acceptable Forms of ID
- Illinois Driver’s License
- Employee of student ID
- Illinois State ID
- Credit Card
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Valid U.S. passport
- Utility bill in the applicant’s name
- Mail postmarked to the applicant
- Public Aid ID Card
To be Eligible to Vote in Illinois:
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- You must be 17 years old on or before the date of the Primary Election and turn 18 on or before the date of the General or Consolidated Election.
- You must live in your election precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day.
- You must not be serving a sentence of confinement in any penal institution as a result of a conviction.
- You may not claim the right to vote anywhere else.