Sun Melted Crayon Art
We’re smack in the middle of summer in Chicago – the sun is beaming down and heat is refusing to let up. Use the bright rays of the sun to help you create a great piece of art, and at the same time get rid of leftover crayons that you were planning to throw out! This craft comes from the Clumsy Crafter websites, posted by Bobbie Byrd.
- Go outside on a hot and sunny day!
- Lay out the canvas somewhere where you don’t mind getting a little messy.
- Remove paper covering off the crayons and lay the crayons all over the canvas.
- Wait until the crayons have melted on the canvas – at least a half hour.
- Manipulate the canvas to smear the crayons, such as spinning the canvas to splatter, smearing with an old brush or stick, or even using your hands (careful it does get dirty).
- Lay out the finished work out of the sun to dry.