Board of Trustees
Our Board of Trustees generally meets at 7:30 PM on the third Tuesday of each month. Meetings are held in the Meeting Room on the first floor and are open to the public. Check the calendar for dates. Board members are elected for six-year terms in consolidated April elections.
Tom Smedinghoff, President (term ends April 2023)
Kevin Crowell, Vice President (term ends April 2019)
Katherine Bevan, Treasurer (term ends April 2021)
Deborah Hill, Secretary (term ends April 2023)
Alice Calabrese-Berry (term ends April 2021)
Joan O’Connor (term ends April 2019)
Eleanor Long (term ends April 2023)
Upcoming Meeting Schedule
Tuesday, January 17
Tuesday, February 21
Tuesday, March 21
Tuesday, April 18
Tuesday, May 23
Tuesday, June 20
Tuesday, July 18
Tuesday, September 19
Tuesday, October 17
Tuesday, November 14
Agendas & Minutes
Download upcoming meeting agendas and past agendas and meetings minutes.
Procedure for Future Interested Trustees
Thank you for your interest in joining the River Forest Public Library Board of Trustees. We invite you to attend a Library Board meeting. The Board generally meets every third Tuesday at 7:30 PM at the Library.
• Employ and evaluate Library Director
• Comply with state legal requirements, including annual filing of Cook County Statement of Economic Interest
• Adopt (and revise) policies to govern library programs and operations
• Adopt Annual Budget and approve monthly warrants
• Participate in annual Director evaluation
• Support our three – five year Strategic Plan and its implementation
• Prepare for and attend Library Board meetings and committee meetings
RFPL Board of Trustees will have one 6 year seats up for election in March 2019. For more candidate information view the Candidate’s Guide issued by the Illinois State Board of Elections.